Small business needs to be ready for STP by 30 September
Reporting through Single Touch Payroll (STP) for small employers started on 1 July.
Your small business has until 30 September 2019 to take action.
The ATO has a range of resources available to help:
- Introductory guide for small employers – to help small employers understand the basics of STP, what their options are, as well as a decision tree.
- Concessional reporting options – eligibility for these concessions depends on your clients' circumstance. More information can be found at ato.gov.au/concessionalreporting.
- Product lists – there are two product lists of STP-ready solutions:
- a product register which provides a list of commercially available STP solutions at api.gov.au/productregister
- a low and no cost register for micro employers (those with one to four employees) at ato.gov.au/stpsolutions; this list includes mobile apps, simple reporting solutions and portals.
There may be circumstances where you won’t be able to report before 30 September. You can apply for extra time for them to get ready - ask us how.
More information about STP deferrals can be found at ato.gov.au/stpdeferrals or call the team at Flor-Hanly Accountants in Mackay on 07 4963 4800.